Monday, October 12, 2009

Off to School

Today was our typical Monday morning. The boys got up, got ready for school and were almost out the door. Until I realized that we had a flat tire. I called my neighbor and she said that she would take them to school.

Normally, I drive my boys and some of the other kids in the neighborhood, but today the boys walked down a few houses to catch their ride. Watching them walk there together made me smile. They left the house with smiles on their faces and a skip in their step. They ran down the sidewalk skipping (sort of skipping. Our family is seriously rhythm-challenged, so it ends up looking more like a run/seizure/skip thing) and pumping their fists up and down in the air. They were just so happy to be outside, going to a friends house and getting to go to school. It made me happy just watching them. Oh, to be young and excited for school again!

1 comment:

  1. Hello sweet friend! Oh, it has been to, to, to long since I've seen and talked to you! And we do just live up the street from each other...it shouldn't feel so far away! Thank you for the book...I'm so sorry I wasn't here. I got excited when I heard your message and strangely sad when I saw the book and realized you'd been already. Love the image of your two sweet, handsome boys leaving for school! Perfect moment!

    ReplyDelete